Apr 29, 2008

Annointed by fire...



A traveler am I, with miles behind,
I pause,I watch my life rewind...
The swaying silhouettes put me at rest,
As mental tides find a newer crest...

Flashes of lightning liken a glimmer of hope,
As these clouds are drawn by an unseen rope...
A drop here,a drop there- and soon I'm drenched
In this august rain,and my thirst unquenched...

A thirst for knowledge-of the path I must tread,
Of unknown fate,and roads that I dread...
And as I seek refuge from this glistening visitor,
A kiss of droplets land with passionate fervour...

It seems routine now,that rain brings me peace,
And hope as lightning,to many does appease...
I fear not the untrod paths any more,
No trauma,no pain, no bodily sore...

This revered rain cleanses me whole,
Yet sets me on fire--body mind and soul...
A bath in fire, may it never be doused,
For it burns down the thickets where old memories are housed...

A new life,a new birth--from this one I depart,
I arise yet again-- and a new journey to start....


3 comments:

Abhi said...

nice one..

the last few lines.. huh.. i liked those lines the most..

Pooja Kumbale said...

very neat and fine poem...hope every time rain brings hope and peace in people's lives to start afresh..all the best Horsy!

Anonymous said...

good work adam :')