Sep 19, 2011

Memory



 

girl_walk_field_adjusted

 

Beyond the sheen of a hundred faces,
Your light to me each moment races,
It wasn't as hard; this falling in love,
But I misjudged the plans he made above.

I miss you so much it hurts to breathe
Each moment;  your voice, words I need.
A lucid recall of the walk we shared,
Silent pauses, that two souls bared.

I only do what the moment will speak
Though often it echoes of my will, now weak.
But trust my love, for I do this to see you
Once more in memories that senses will brew.

A perfume that lilts across the room,
Free flowing hair that flows like a loom,
Your shy eyes, blinking in rapid light,
A smile that radiated day in the night.

Those hands I yearn to hold just once
The wind in your hair on your walk, your runs.
The cheeks that blush, askance for a kiss
The nose that cringes; brings upon me, bliss.

Only memories I hold, as I push you once more
Our lives, my weakness; forced knees on the floor.
A million reasons that see us drift apart,
But just one that binds me to your pristine heart.

Separate, we must, but mind only this-
Each moment of joy will only you miss,
When a gentle gust brushes your cheek,
Know that it is my affection meek.

When a small smile radiates across your face,
My prayer, my love, are trying to keep pace.
If you cry, and the corners roll a pearl tear
I cry here too; out of love, out of  fear.

I cannot forget you, I will not even try
I will not dismiss our love as a lie.
For it moves me beyond any words will know,
And my love, my dear, is more than I will show.

Beyond the sheen of a hundred faces,
Your light to me each moment races,
It wasn't as hard; this falling in love,
But I misjudged the plans he made above.



2 comments:

Neha Shandilya said...

This was beautiful..

Adam said...

@Neha: thank you :)