Nov 26, 2011

Asleep



 

34-woman-lying-mans-chest-smiling-outdoor-yellow-flowers-vintage 

My breath is lighter now - slower,
Deliberate. For I nestle your head
Upon the chest that holds my heart
That beats stronger - chant, hesitant.

Time is slower, this moment pauses,
Watching us in silent awe; passes
By in haste, brushing your hair yet
Gently, to pass to you, a shiver.

Your embrace is warmer, odd yet
That you tremble in a loving quiver,
And sounds that travel the air, now
Wait, to evoke a hum - response.

I too await, wide-eyed, in total
Disbelief, that you rest in my arms
Quietly; upon the chest that holds my heart
Beating surer - chanting your name.



6 comments:

Geeta Singh said...

touchy line wow poem :)

Hair Hair Hair

Bhavana said...

Good you are back... Keep it up kiddo :)

Manasa said...

Touches the right chord...leaving the reader all mushy n smiley :)

Adam said...

@Geeta: Thank you :)

@Bhavana: yep.. Glad to be back! Thank you! :)

@Manasa: Thank you :)

Sameera said...

I am dying to say- I told you so. :P

Adam said...

@Sam: :P Yep..you sure did.. :)